There’s nothing like something a bit boozy at Christmas time and this Spiced Pomegranate Gin is the perfect drink to warm you up! The original recipe for this can be found here and you need to make sure you make this at least two weeks in advance to ensure the gin absorbs all the Christmassy flavours.
350g caster sugar
200ml pomegranate juice
12 whole peppercorns
4 cinnamon sticks
4 star anise
1 litre good quality gin
- Zest and juice the clementine.
- Remove the seeds from the pomegranates.
- Combine and mix all the ingredients in a pan (except the gin and pomegranate seeds)
- Heat gently until the sugar has dissolved.
- Bring to a gentle boil then remove from the heat and leave to cool.
- Add the pomegranate seeds and gin and decant into a large glass container.
- Leave at least 2 weeks.
- Strain and pour into your chosen sterilised bottles.
- It will keep in a cool, dark place for a few months.
This drink is really lovely over the festive period, with the cinnamon and star anise giving the gin a lovely warm flavour. It’s also another great gift idea for the gin lovers in your life with the easy addition of some ribbons and a tag.
Let me know in the comments what your favourite Christmas drinks are!